July 11, 2013

Derby Racers

Great excitement as we set off for the Derby Cup 2013 in Scott's new 4WD.
Scott and I thought we would clean up having a couple of bets and some one had lead Scott's mad friend Brilsey to believe that Derby was the town of nurses, so off we headed on the 2 and half hour drive with great expectations.
When we got to the gate the guy said "it is free today", we thought this is good we have had a win already, then he followed with "the racers are cancelled cause the track is a little damp!"
There go the nurses and our bets - and we never got to see a horse!!!!! However it was a very comfortable ride and I loved seeing the country up there again after all these years!


The prison tree, that I had seen when I was 18 (where have all those years gone - I must look through my old photos and see if I can find the old ones I took of this tree, they are probably in black and white!) and it did not have a fence in those days. But thanks to the vandals now it has! It is amazing I have forgotten how many prisoners they use to keep in there, but it was lots.


 For those of you who have carved their letters in this tree I would like to say you are arseholes for destroying nature that people from all over the world come to visit.



 Brilsey and Scotto - not a nurse in sight!


It was a wet day and we found "The Wharf" restaurant in Derby, being my favourite in Broome we thought we would give it a go.....it was a good choice as it was great. Just as well as it was an 5 hour drive to try it out!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message and name here please and push anonymous and then publish and voila you are done! Thanks Dont forget to pop your name on